Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Battle of the Critters

The day dawned like any other. Reveille was at 0700. Uniform of the day had been sorted out the night before. The troops were mustered onto the yellow transport. Little did we realize the enemy was within our midst.

After the troops left on daily maneuvers, I began to sort things out at headquarters. Early morning is always a busy time for commanding officers. Suddenly the telephone rang. It was the corpsman at the front line with news of the invasion. The battle was on.

Hopping into my command vehicle (when will they give me a driver?), I made my way to to rescue my 2 soldiers from the front. Upon discussion with the corpsman, we agreed the best way to proceed was an all-out biological attack. I gathered my 2 soldiers and headed back to HQ to begin the onslaught.

Upon my return to HQ, I radioed the secretary of defense, Capt. Grandma, and dispatched her to the supply depot to obtain the necessary ammunition to defeat this insidious enemy. In the meantime, my troops and I began to prepare the battlefield, sweeping the rooms for hidden enemy, stripping the rooms of hiding places, and gathering the equipment necessary for hand-to-head combat.

3 comments:

  1. Yes! This is great, Lydia. Waiting for next installment....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What! You can't leave me hanging...

    You're off to a great start. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Loving this...can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete